- An officer or decision-maker will be invited to our dedicated Community Group Member Meetings free of charge (three per year, inaugural meeting in May 2019). The meetings will provide fantastic opportunities to meet face to face to discuss topics of mutual interest, and hear special guest speakers (Wakefield MDC officers & elected members, and other speakers on themes of common interest).
- You will also be eligible to nominate projects your group has delivered for cash awards of up to £100, and the PCS Community Cup, presented at our Annual General Meeting.
- To collaborate and share resources (volunteers, templates, equipment) enhanced by an ability to mobilise additional supporting groups.
- To communicate with other groups in a safe online space.
- To create further opportunities to engage with the general public, such as, the Community Showcase, and other community events.
- To explore opportunities to engage with Wakefield MDC’s Major Events Team, Communications & Marketing Team, Programme & Learning Team in relation to collaboratively planning events, calendars, and publicity.
- Basic entry on our website including your logo.
- To receive Pontefract Voice.
- Acknowledged in the Annual Report.
- To attend Pontefract Civic Society talks at the membership rate (Voting rights with PCS will be 1 representative per community group, and admission charges to PCS talks will be 2 people per community group at the member rate; other members of your group will be at the non-member rate).
Community Group Membership
The society is keen to form strong relationships with like-minded community groups. We aim to bring together groups located in the former Pontefract & District (including smaller towns and villages), so that we can share our latest news, hear about your concerns and work together on the challenges and opportunities that you face.
We welcome any opportunity for community groups to work with us. In return, we offer a benefits package which is aimed towards promoting and supporting your group through our combined scale of working in partnership, together for Pontefract.